Laravel Valet is a development environment for macOS minimalists. It was developed to use in Laravel projects, but in this post, I will explain how to install and use with WordPress.Continue reading “Install a WordPress development environment with Laravel Valet”
en una máquina virtual Linux (Laravel Homestead), obtengo este error:
Continue reading “PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1610612736 bytes exhausted”
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1610612736 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in phar:///usr/local/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/RuleSetGenerator.php on line 64 Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1610612736 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in phar:///usr/local/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/RuleSetGenerator.php on line 64 Check https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md#memory-limit-errors for more info on how to handle out of memory errors.
Continue reading “Chrome version must be between 70 and 73”
Tests\Browser\DownloadTest::testIosDownload Facebook\WebDriver\Exception\SessionNotCreatedException: session not created: Chrome version must be between 70 and 73 (Driver info: chromedriver=2.45.615279 (12b89733300bd268cff3b78fc76cb8f3a7cc44e5),platform=Linux 5.4.0-37-generic x86_64)
When I try to execute the Dusk tests in Laravel Homestead I get the “unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary” error.Continue reading “Laravel Dusk. Cannot find Chrome binary”
In this post, I will go to explain how to localize a Laravel application. The application will support English, Spanish and Galician languages. This is a real example to translate the https://wptranslator.jesusamieiro.com web app. You can find the source code on GitHub.
The steps to localize the application will be:
- Create a configuration file to store the languages that will be used by the application.
- Define the default language for the application.
- Add the translation functions in the views.
- Create the JSON translation files.
- Create the middleware that updates the application language.
- Add the selector in the main view to enable the end-user to change the application language.
- Add the route for the change event of the previous selector.
- Add the controller to receive the change event from the previous selector.
Laravel stores the logs of the project in the file “storage/logs/laravel.log”. If you don’t rotate this file can increase its size a lot, using the most part of the storage, causing problems with a full disk.