In this post, I will go to explain how to localize a Laravel application. The application will support English, Spanish and Galician languages. This is a real example to translate the https://wptranslator.jesusamieiro.com web app. You can find the source code on GitHub.
The steps to localize the application will be:
- Create a configuration file to store the languages that will be used by the application.
- Define the default language for the application.
- Add the translation functions in the views.
- Create the JSON translation files.
- Create the middleware that updates the application language.
- Add the selector in the main view to enable the end-user to change the application language.
- Add the route for the change event of the previous selector.
- Add the controller to receive the change event from the previous selector.